Many know that homeschool and independent study is an option for elementary and junior high.
But we forget that there’s also more than one way to earn a high school diploma.
Sometimes, circumstances necessitate an alternative. Other times, you simply want another choice. Either way, earning a high school diploma from home can be a great option.
When it comes to the benefits, we could probably make a pretty hefty list. For your sake, we’ve narrowed to a few reasons.
The perks of earning a high school diploma from home
1. Sleep in (or wake up early)
Homeschool and independent learners can choose when they want to start their day.
If your student is one of those rare morning people (lucky you), they’re more than welcome to keep waking up at the crack of dawn. But if they (and you) prefer, they can start the day a little later. In other words, earning a high school diploma from home eliminates the stress of rushing to get out the door to school.
With Elite, your child can wake up early and knock out coursework, or sleep in and finish courses later in the day; it’s your choice.
2. When earning a high school diploma from home, your child learns from the comfort of, well…home
Elite’s digital classroom is wherever you have access to the internet. Whether your child’s preferred workspace is a comfy couch, a home desk or coffee shop, they can complete schoolwork in the place of their choice.
We also have an online community monitored by staff for students to join clubs and safely chat with other students online to get to know peers, so socializing won’t be a worry.
3. Teachers are a phone call away. Or email, or text, or instant message…
If your child is one who doesn’t like the burning stares from 30+ classmates that inevitably accompanies raising your hand to ask a question, we’ve got them covered.
Our teachers communicate with each student personally via phone calls, emails, texting, school announcements and instant messaging so that you can enjoy easy access to homework help from instructors.
4. Earning your high school diploma from home means you wear what you want
Dress code? We don’t know that word.
OK, you might not want them sitting in pajamas all day.
But the point is, there’s more freedom studying from home. Your student can wear a hat, chew gum, have mermaid hair, whatever you as the parent approves of. As long as they’re working hard to earn their diploma, it doesn’t matter to us what they decide to wear at home!
5. School is set to your schedule
If you’re at a traditional high school right now, we can probably guess what your student’s schedule looks like:
- 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. classes (6:30 if you’re in A or Zero Hour).
- 3 – 5 p.m. Sports practice, club meeting or other extracurricular activities.
- 5 – ‘who-knows’ p.m. finishing up homework or studying for an exam.
Here’s what a day in a life at Elite could look like:
- Wake up (when you want)
- Knock out about three hours of coursework, studying or participating in class discussions
- Take a break! Go explore, eat lunch or do something you love
- Finish up for a few more hours
- Go to work, spend time with family or enjoy your evening how you want!
Students need to spend about six hours a day. Many find that focusing for 2-3 hours on school work at a time with fun breaks in between makes the day go by much faster.
6. The curriculum is unlike any other (seriously)
Does your child get in trouble for falling asleep in class? We understand. School lectures can get boring.
That’s why we’ve created a curriculum that’s actually designed for today’s learners. Elite’s online curriculum is just as rigorous as your old school (we are accredited, of course), but we include gaming, videos, comic stories and more so that your student can actually enjoy learning.